Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
The Castle Mamba X Waterproof Sensored Brushless Combo with 2850Kv Slate 1406 Motor is ideal for 1:10 scale rock crawlers, trail rigs, touring cars, stadium trucks and buggies on 2S-4S with appropriate gearing.
The Castle Creations Mamba X is extremely versatile, and capable of powering a wide variety of applications and vehicles.* The Mamba X is ideal for racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your monster truck, or navigating a hardcore trail with your crawler. The Mamba X raises the bar.
The Castle "Slate" 1406 Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Crawler Motors are ROCK READY! With super smooth startup and low RPM control, Castle has you covered if you are looking for the ultimate motor for the trails or Ultra 4 track day.
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1512-2650Kv (P/N: 060-0061-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.
- Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range
- Sensored Motor Support (Castle X-Series Sensor Harness Included)
- 8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Rugged CNC Aluminum Case
- Castle Link Programming Support
- Integrated Capacitors
- Removable 30mm Cooling Fan
- Integrated 4mm Bullet Connectors
- 12 AWG Power Wires
- Waterproof Switch
- Audible Alerts
- The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas
- Backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support
- Input Voltage Range: 2S LiPo (7.4V) to 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size (LxWxH): 2.14x1.39x1.18" (54.4x35.2x30.0mm)
- Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
- Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
- Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-4S LiPo
- Kv: 2850
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Can Length: 49.5mm
- Can Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
- Shaft Size: Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm) (Optional 5mm rotor replacement available)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale rock crawlers, trail rigs, touring cars, stadium trucks and buggies on 2S-4S with appropriate gearing.
- Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Mamba Micro X
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.
Product Use Statements:
- *Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, Castle suggests users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs
NOTE: Water Resistant Motor Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommends applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to the document in the resources tab for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.